Today I combined a bunch of "basic" pieces, or "wardrobe staples" as some call them. Wardrobe staples are utilitarian, versatile items in your closet that you use to build an everyday outfit. Basics may include:
1. Dark Wash jeans
2. Blazers in neutral colors
3. T-Shirts
4. Fedoras (for me)
5. Sneakers (or flats or heels, any basic ones you can wear all the time. )
5. Red Lipstick. (Well, I wear red almost everyday.)
Now you take the basic and layer it with other pieces to make ensembles. Try this how-to:
And Viola: You are dressed. Easy right? Today I made two tiny boo-boos. I forgot to fill in my brows, and since I've gone platinum blond, my skin and hair and brows are kinda washed out. I think the lipstick helped. The second boo boo? I forgot a belt. I pulled my pants up all day. Here's my Basic Look:


My basics are: Khaki cords, white t-shirt, black blazer with the sleeves cuffed, and Converse sneakers. Then I added in some sparkle via my jewelry. I wore my beaded blue necklace, my Heart and Key Tiffany necklace,  a gold double chain Banana Republic necklace, some bangles, a brooch, two rings, and some dainty vintage earrings. I also wore this lovely new lipstick. It's a brand called Palladio that they sell at Sally's beauty supply. The color is called Cosmopolitan.
What do you think of my basics look? I think next time I may wear gray trousers, the khakis + my hair makes me seem a little washed out. Agree?
*Next time I'll wear my hair down so you can see how pretty it is. I find it remarkably shiny for being so bleached. I went from California blonde to platinum.
Outfit Breakdown:
Blazer: Dots (same)
T-shirt: Forever 21 (same)
Khaki Cords: Jordache (quite old, try these)
Sneakers: Converse All-Stars via Piperlime. (similar)
Bag: Dooney and Bourke (quite old as well, this one is fab!)
Jewelry: Blue beads via glitter, heart and key necklace via Tiffany & Co. gold chain necklace from Banana Republic via Gap Outlet, Bangles from Tahlia's Imports, Earrings from St.Vincent De Paul)
I can't always link to items I buy because many are bought at vintage stores so IDK where or WHEN they are from. I just so happened to have bought most of this outfit earlier this year, except my bag and pants. When I can show you something similar I will link it for you! :) (If you buy that Dooney Bag, buy one for me too.)