I bet you missed me! Jk. I know I've been gone about 5 minutes from blogging but I can't help myself. I am sick but blogging makes me happy! Whilst recuperating I went thrifting with my Mother and came across a totally cute little white dress. It's floral lace with cap sleeves and an exposed zipper in the back. It was also a size medium. Two sizes smaller than I was as of May 1st 2013. However, I've been losing weight (because I'm sick) and a big rule in thrifting is try EVERYTHING on, so I did! And it fit! Mom asked what would I wear it with and I promptly answered: my cowboy boots! 
When Shanna posted this back in the spring I had been wanting to recreate the look my own way. I love the look of a flirty little dress with cowboy boots but I didn't own anything that screamed "Pair this with your Laredos!" The instant I tried on this little white dress at Goodwill, I knew I had my outfit! Though it is not exactly the same, I took the elements that appealed to me and applied them to make an outfit that worked for me.
My version:
The inspiration:


A flirty little dress, cowboy boots, and a pretty necklace was all I needed to capture the look and feel I was going for!
I planned to wear my cowboy boots/flirty little dress outfit on my next day off and have a little photo shoot for the blog, but then this awesome outfit was in my bloglovin' feed:

A thrifted flirty white dress, thrifted jean jacket, and go-anywhere flats, from Rachel's Look Book. I had all of those elements in my closet as well! So a two ways to wear post hatched in my brain. I believe I even told Rachel I was going to recreate this!
My thrifted denim jacket, thrifted LWD, and easy flat sandals, along with mint bangles and a dainty necklace. Not a spot on copy cat, just using the bones of the outfit and then making it me.

So what do you think? Did I get my money's worth out of my $4.99 LWD? I think so. I can think of a few more ways to wear it too!

Dress: Thrifted/Goodwill Xhileration brand $4.99
Jean Jacket: Thrifted/Goodwill Calvin Klein $6.99
Dainty Necklace: Facebook yardsale/Kay Jewelrrs "Open Hearts", 2 for $15.00
Statement Necklace: Amazon.com $6.99
Mint Bangles: Forever 21 $5.99
Flat Leather Sandals: Gift from Tara
Cowboy Boots: Boot Country, Laredo brand $159