Everyone knows you build your wardrobe with basics and add fun, trendy accessories to round it out, right? I agree 100% to this rule. However, it's taken quite a bit of time to build my wardrobe basics back up. After a heinous lipstick/dryer/denim issue, I lost most of my jeans, my chambray shirt, and a few other clothing items. I wanted to find my EXACT items to replace them, and I finally did! I also finally bought the utility vest I wanted when Old Navy had 30% off recently. Now, I feel like I have most of the items my wardrobe needs, and I can focus on the fun things like statement necklaces and splurge handbags.
Here I feel I've illustrated an easy way to use just the basics and still have a fun, classic but still on trend outfit. I'm simply wearing a chambray button down, skinny jeans, utility vest, slip on sneakers, and my Coach tote with my Mickey Mouse watch and layered necklaces. But because my sneakers are leopard print and my tote is vibrantly colored, my outfit is still interesting and fun, and I don't automatically blend into the crowd,

*When your nose is so big it has it's own shadow.* :(



Thoughts on the shoes? I feel like they are SUCH a Mom shoe!  I know I AM a Mom, and I know they are leopard, but the shape! We called this type of shoes buddies when I was a kid, and all the Moms had white buddies. Thoughts please ladies. I'm torn.



So how do you ladies kick your "basics" up a notch? 

Jeans: Gap Perfect Skinny Ankle Zip Jeans, can't find online, these are similar and on sale!
Shoes: Exact-H & M
Big Thanks to Jackie from Something About That Thing for my geode necklace. I spotted hers in my instagram feed and had to have it! You can follow Jackie in instagram here. Prepared to be jelly, she's awesome.
Bag: Coach, not longer available. This is a pretty red option.
Alas, the only thrifted items in this ootd are my Mickey Mouse watch and vintage cat eye sunnies! I try to incorporate one thrifted item into every outfit, but sometimes you just want to wear all your new things!