Everyone that follows my blog knows I am a hoe for handbags. Yes, I just said that. In fact, I wanted to call this post "Handbag Hoe," but I thought it would be minorly offensive to some. Anyway, recently I did a major closet purge to make room for some expensive splurges and b-day gifts, so I donated a bunch of bags to my Mom and Sister. Hope you guys love them! There's only one I regret unloading and it was a giant mint and forrest green bag...but I digress. 
The bags I chose to keep are the ones I use the most. They have the most functions, but also they just make me happy. Can you believe I only kept one for truly sentimental reasons?! You'll notice most of these are totes or satchels that have handles and additional cross body straps. What can I say? I like what I like. These are the bags I kept in my closet:
My 15" chocolate brown leather, initial embossed Cambridge Satchel from The Cambridge Satchel Company. I actually don't use this a lot. I'll tell you why. It's REALLY big, and the leather is so nice that I don't want to mess it up. Also, I had it embossed with my initials. I didn't capitalize my initials, and also I have my initials on it instead of ASH. Boo. I didn't even think about it till later. Still a gorgeous bag though.
 This was a 28th birthday gift from my Husband. It's a Michael Kors zebra striped calf hair and leather bag. My daughter, London, picked it out. It's GORGEOUS and I love it!
My Phillip Lim for Target Satchel. It's still cute, but as it's not leather I don't love it as much as I used to. It scratches easily. It's perfect for when I want to look polished but I don't want to necessarily risk messing up an expensive bag.
Christian Siriano for Payless color blocked tote. I bought this in January. It's a good everyday bag.
One of my very few colorful bags. I noticed all of my bags were neutral so as a birthday gift to myself I bought this "radiant orchid" Coach tote. It's roomy, bright, fun, and functional!
Merona fringed vegan carry all. This I bought purely because it's fringed. I can fit my LIFE in this bag. It's a perfect carry on for the airplane. It fits my 17-inch laptop! Plus it appeals to my inner flower child.
My classic Coach logo monogrammed tote. This one I had made to say ASH when Coach offered free monogramming a few years ago. One of my favorites, but I bought it before I was really into leather.
Strawberry Kate Spade bag. This one NEVER gets used but I love to look at it! It's patent leather and patent scuffs SO easily. It's such a fun pink color though!
I adore this Kelly Green Kate Spade bag. Another item that was bought to brighten up my accessories wardrobe, it is a little small for what I like to carry day-to-day. I bought it from the manufacturer website and I guess when I picture the dimensions, I pictured it bigger?
Color Blocked Messenger bag. This is from a brand called Street Level that I got for a steal from Piperlime. The snap was broken so I fixed it. Et Viola: The perfect day bag when you're on the go.
I bought this white leather bag from Goodwill for $3. It's definitely worn, but I needed a white bag and I like leather. It has that weird lock thingy on it, but it adds interest.
You've seen my vintage Dooney and Bourke Doctor's bag before. I still love it, and I use it mainly on days I know I won't be out long since it just has the little handles.
You've also seen my vintage red Dooney and Bourke cross body that Roger's Grandma gave me. It had belonged to his Grandma's sister and she knew I would take care of it.
My first "designer" bag. Roger bought this impractical little thing for me as a gift after I had our daughter in December 2005. The laminated canvas is really discolored now and IDK how to clean it. I can't bear to get rid of it though!
This is from Wet Seal. No brand, I got it on the buy one get for for a penny clearance so it was one cent! It converts into a back pack, and I use it on trips to the zoo, museum, etc.
Very Bradley clutch. I used to be really into her bags. I'm not so much anymore but this is cute for girl's luncheons and such.
 This is an OLD Forever 21 clearance item. It's a faux leather and denim shoulder bag but I use it in places that I cannot take the back pack purse but don't want to take an expensive bag with me.
This is new! My black Rebecca Minkoff mini mac. Thank you to my Husband for the 10th anniversary gift! I bought him a leather Coach iphone case and a Coach wallet in case you are wondering :)
Sparkly vintage clutch. Nuff' said.
Another vintage clutch.
I needed a neutral non sparkly clutch and found this one from Merona at Goodwill. It has a strap if you want to make it a cross-body bag.
Vintage straw Ralph Lauren clutch. It's partially destroyed in the top left corner, but I love it so I just cover that with a brooch when I wear it!
Another bag bought to add color to my life. It's from H& M and it's a convertible clutch to cross body coral bag.
This one still has the tags on it. It's a faux leather laser cut clutch with chain strap. I'm using this Wednesday when I attend Wicked!

There you have it, the bags that survived my closet purge. Which is your favorite? What bags are in your closet that you LOVE?