Two things: One, I really suck at this Blogger thing! Sorry. I don't have AC, we live in a historic home in a historic neighborhood, and not only are window units costly, they are not historically accurate. When I get home from work I'm so hot I want to melt into a puddle and not have skin or bones. I wear the least amount of clothing possible. Ya'll don't wanna see that! And Two, Congrats to the winner of my Lorac Pro Give Away: Lauren of Fizz and Frosting! Lauren, I hope you have received your goodies and that you love them as much as I do!
Onto the outfit:
This dress is actually from last year and it used to look like this:
I shortened the high-low hem into one, even above the knee hem! I just wasn't feeling the train anymore, but I loved the color of the dress. (You can see the original post here.) I wore the dress to a wedding last year, and thought it was dress-y. To make it more casual I added the two pieces I've been living in this summer, my denim thrifted denim vest (it was a jacket that I scored for $3. I have enough denim jackets so I cut off the sleeves at the hem and viola: vest) AND my brown mini wedge sandals.

I think adding these two pieces make anything more casual and summery. I can always add black strappy heels, put up my hair, and wear statement earrings to dress it back up. 




What have you been living in this summer?
Vest: Thrifted Old Navy via Goodwill, formerly a jacket and DIY'd by me
Dress: Dots 2013
Mini Wedges: Catos
Necklace: Made by me
Bracelets: Made by me